Background into The Law of Attraction, Manifestation, & Positive Affirmations
If you believe in the law of attraction or power of manifestation, then you probably already have incorporated some positive affirmations into your daily routine as well. If you aren’t familiar with these practices, you’ve come to the right place to learn! Let’s first start by defining the law of attraction.
The Law of Attraction is the ability to convert anything and everything in your mind into reality. In a sense, anything is yours, if you believe it. It’s such a wonderful concept, right? Still not completely sold? Here’s an example. Imagine people who are pessimistic or ‘Negative Nancys’. They complain all day, they always seem to have bad luck, and they just don’t seem to be happy…ever.
Imagine the thoughts that go through their head all day, more than likely they are mostly negative. Now imagine the complete opposite of ‘Negative Nancy’, someone who is optimistic and positive.
The Law of Attraction really focuses on the idea of what you put out into the world, you will get back. By manifesting and speaking the things you want out of life into existence, you will essentially get what you ask for. It’s like the saying, you always find what you are looking for. Super Brain, a novel about the powerful mind really helped me conquer this concept.
Save this picture to begin your journey into the person you’ve always wanted to be.
How Manifesting Works
Now let’s get into a little disclaimer…you still have to do the work. The law of attraction isn’t a shortcut to get all your wishes answered. I like to think of it as a mindset that helps shape your actions and decisions to cater to what you want out of life. For example, imagine I want to own a mansion one day.
By speaking and manifesting this goal, my actions will follow suit to ensure that I achieve that goal. By reminding myself daily of the goal, I will naturally adjust my actions that align with that goal.
Affirmations play a huge role in the law of attraction and manifestation. Affirmations are positive phrases that you repeat to yourself daily until they become true. Below are some of the affirmations that I say to myself daily in the morning. I also say them while I am looking at myself in the mirror. It helps me believe it more when I am looking at myself!
If you would like a template to write your own affirmations, be sure to check out one that I created to do just that! It’s a complete guide that explains the power of affirmations, the structure in which they should be written, and best practices.
A list of positive affirmations:
- I am beautiful because I am unique and one of a kind, there’s no one like me
- I am capable of overcoming any challenge
- I will balance my mental, physical, and spiritual health
- I understand the law of attraction, the more positivity I speak into existence, the more positivity comes back to me
- I deserve ALL the good things coming my way
- I am grateful for all the good and the not so good in my life as they are both lessons that I have learned from
- I love myself enough to put me first
- I pour into myself before I pour into others
- My dreams and goals are not fantasies, they’re my future and I will achieve them
These are some affirmations that I say to myself daily. I wrote them myself because it was what I needed to manifest at the time. Let’s break down how to write a positive affirmation of your own.
How To Write And Implement Positive Affirmations:
- Statements should begin with I: You should notice a common theme with affirmations – many of them begin with ‘I’. When applying positive self-talk or affirmations, you want to ensure that you turn a statement into one you can identify with. By beginning the sentence with I am, I will, I have, etc, you are personally identifying with the statement and therefore will be more likely to believe it. You also want to personalize the affirmations as much as possible. My list above is very generalized but typically you should include loved one’s names, specific goals, or even the amount of money you want to make. This will keep you focused on your own personal goals.
- Statements should be positive: Positive affirmations should be positive! Avoid using any negative words such as no, don’t, can’t, won’t, or any other negative words that could be discouraging. Positive affirmations are all about positivity! Also, when writing positive affirmations, you should incorporate elements in the present time that you want to reinforce along with elements in your future that you want to implement. ‘I am beautiful’ is a statement in the present that I use when my self-esteem is low. ‘I will achieve my career goals’ is a statement speaking about the future and is great to help focus on what you want to accomplish.
- Say, write, or read your affirmations daily: I personally like to create a memo in my phone that I read out loud to myself daily in the mirror. But it can also be helpful to write them in a journal, use sticky notes to place in your home to read throughout the day, set reminders on your phone with the positive affirmations or just simply say them in your head. Whatever you choose, make sure you practice it daily. To ensure that those affirmations become your reality, you need to repeat them at least once a day!
- Switch up, edit, and eliminate affirmations as needed: You want your affirmations to be relevant to you in your current state. You want them to serve you and be useful. If you have already achieved a goal that you have been manifesting/affirming, it’s time to rewrite that one or make a new one completely.
To Sum It Up
The brain is a powerful tool in the law of attraction if you say a phrase enough times over a span of time, you will believe it and it will become your truth.
The brain has a wonderful way of rewriting facts that you have previously learned. It can get its knowledge from experience and the information that you feed it. So what happens when you feed it everything you want out of life?
Positive affirmations are key to succeeding in the law of attraction and manifestation. Feel free to use the list above to begin to incorporate into your daily schedule or create your own! I created a template to assist you in creating your own affirmations and you can get yours here.